Genomics for Healthcare and Socio-Economic Progress
|Date:||13 Sep 2012|
|Time:||09:00 to 17:00 hour|
The Second Cardiff International Genomics Conference is themed Genomics for Healthcare and Socio-Economic Progress.
The conference will provide a forum for high level discussion on the current state of the art and future developments of genomic applications in medicine and health. In addition, a panel of international experts will review the economic impact of potential applications of genome sciences and technologies in pharmaceutical, agriculture and bio-energy industries. The panel will review in detail the ethical, legal and social issues related to genomics. There will be emphasis on specific issues related to emerging economies of the developing world.
- Professor Stylianos Antonarakis, Department of Genetic Medicine & Development, University of Geneva, Switzerland (President-elect of HUGO)
- Professor Sir John Burn, Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, UK
- Professor Ruth Chadwick, ESRC Centre for Economic & Social Aspects of Genomics, Cardiff University, UK
- Professor Michael Katz, March of Dimes, New York, USA
- Professor Sir David Weatherall, The Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, UK
- Professor Steve Yearley, ESRC Genomics & Policy Research Forum, School of Social & Political Science, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK